Friday, November 12, 2010

High School: Done! College: uh, can we go back to high school?

Alrighty, so, who's done with high school? I am! I graduated in June 2010. My whole high school career went by so fast, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to say though, sophomore year sucked, and the other three years were awesome. But overall, I don't regret going to a Magnet school instead of my zoned school. Well, now that I've finished that chapter of my life, what now? College is the next chapter, right? Well...starting that chapter has been challenging for me.
First off, I'm still in what I call "post-graduation depression", because I DID love high school that, I guess, I loved it too much. I can't seem to let go of all the good memories high school has embedded upon me. I always recall the good and the bad times with my friends, classmates, teachers, and all, that I just feel like I want to relive that again. I found my passion for filmmaking in high school, where I was able to work in an actual studio, and I just feel like I owe my high school a lot, and so I want to go back there and help out. But I'll get over high school...soon...or I should be able to.
Second, the process of getting to college is so...so...bleh...especially when you're trying to get your financial aid done, and, being the stupid person that I am, I didn't fill out my FAFSA until AFTER I graduated, so now I'm all hustling to get it done before January, which is when I start school. Along with having to worry about my financial aid, I also have to worry about convincing my parents to let me move out of the house. I live in Nevada, and the college I got accepted to and want to go to is in California. Yes, it's just a state away, but that doesn't matter when you have strict parents =.= so that sucks for me. If I ever get past the convincing process, I have to move on to the next thing I have to worry about: living expenses, which costs money...and I'm broke.
There's really a lot of things that I'm worried about starting college. I guess I'm 90% scared and 10% excited about it. I am 100% sure though that I want to go to college. There's just so many things I still have to learn, and, being that the college I'm going to is a film school, I am uber excited to start because I haven't been in a studio since May! I really want to get back in a studio and start making films again. Film is like oxygen, dude! Also, I'm eager (yet scared) to see what's out there. I mean, I know that life is harsh and all, but I want to explore. 
I guess I feel like I want to go back to high school because I don't want to worry about financial aid, and where I'm gonna live, and how I'm gonna live when I can't cook for my life. But, then again, that's what college is for, right? Learning to be independent and making your own decisions. So, I guess, good luck to me, and if you're starting cllege soon and are worried about the same thing, well, good luck to you too.

XD

No comments:

Post a Comment