Friday, November 12, 2010

My sanctuary

Filmmaking is such a wonderful art. It's amazing what goes on to produce a film, and every aspect of filmmaking (scripting, storyboarding, preparation, directing, producing, editing, etc.) is like a paintbrush that creates a wonderful product.
I attended a Magnet high school, which wasn't my zoned school, and I majored in Communications. In junior year, I took Broadcast Journalism I, and never did I think that I would fall in love with it. I was lucky enough to be chosen by my teacher to be the Producer for our school TV announcements. At first, I refused. The second time he asked, I refused again. The third time, I said "Okay, but only for one show"...I ended up being the producer for 5 months, and in my senior year, I was the producer for the entire year.
The Producer is basically in charge of everything, and I loved that I was the producer even though I carried a lot of pressure and stress, and my days would usually include meetings, lots of running around, lots of yelling, lots of arguing, but I loved it. The studio at my school is very dear to me. If the walls could talk, they'd totally agree with me saying that there were a LOT of yelling, shouting, arguing, ordering around, bossing around, running around in there. Even though I had a lot of pressure and stress on me, I considered the studio my sanctuary (which is ironic because a sanctuary is supposed to be peaceful :D). It was my home, it was my bedroom. It was the room I wanted to be in every single day.

Everytime I stepped into the studio, no matter how down, tired, exhausted, and frustrated I was, I always felt this positive burst of energy. Everytime I stepped into the studio. I could really not help but smile everytime I was in there, and all the negative feelings I had would just simply go away as if they were never lingering around me. It's that feeling that told me that this is what I want to do, and this is where I want to be: working in a studio.

XD

No comments:

Post a Comment